Sector joins together for International Critical Communications Awards
The 2022 International Critical Communications Awards took place last night, at the Kursalon in Vienna. As ever, the event celebrated the very best of the sector with awards being given across a wide range of categories. These included recognition for technical excellence as well as for outstanding deployments across a variety of verticals. Awards were also given for individual contributions to the critical communications industry.
“On behalf of TCCA, I thank the ICCAs judges, the winners and those who were shortlisted, and all who entered the Awards this year. I also want to thank everyone who attended the ceremony itself, making it a true meeting place for our global community.”
Chair of the ICCAs judging panel, Robin Davis from Actica Consulting, said: “The quality of entries this year was especially high, making the judges’ task incredibly difficult. As always, it was an honour to be involved and to help recognise the importance of the achievements taking place within the sector.”
The complete list of 2022 ICCA winners is:
- Best use of critical communications in public safety. Airbus, for innovative usage during the Dubai Expo.
- Best use of critical communications in mining oil and gas. Sepura’s SCG22 mobile radios and AutoMate application.
- Best use of critical communications in transport. Hytera for its Sri Lanka railway telecommunications project.
- Best use of critical communications in utilities. Teltronic for Edesur.
- Best use of advanced technology. Telenor ASA’s private 5G for search and rescue.
- Best TETRA device of the year. Motorola Solutions’ mission critical portable radio, MXP600.
- Advances in sustainability. ALDB – CSR, civil protection and innovations.
- Best MC-X device of the year. Sepura’s SCU3.
- Best MC-X solutions of the year. Airbus Tactilon Agnet 500.
- Best MC-X solutions of the year. Leonardo Spa’s CSP-MCX platform.
- Champion for equality, diversity and inclusion. NSW Telco Authority.
- Control room innovation. 3020 LifeX by Frequentis AG.
- Emerging technology. Ericsson for its mission critical 5G deployable network solution.
- Government authority collaboration. PSBN Innovation Alliance.
- TCCA young engineer of the year. Shaunak Patel, NSW Telco Authority.
- Outstanding contribution to critical communications. Diana Ball, Sepura.
- In recognition of outstanding services to TCCA. Tero Pesonen.
This year’s International Critical Communications Awards were co-located with CCW 2022, taking place this week at the Messe Wien. The show began on Tuesday 21 June and will run until June 23.