Experiences from the biggest ITCS public transport implementation in Europe: the German Rheinbahn
17 May 2018 14:00-14:30
Reinhard Renja, Project Manager System Planning and System Administration, Rheinbahn AG
Motorola Solutions has installed a state-of-the-art TETRA digital radio system at Rheinbahn AG Dusseldorf and the former VIA Verkehrsgesellschaft including today’s transportation companies Duisburger Verkehrsgesellschaft, Essener Verkehrs-AG and Mülheimer VerkehrsGesellschaft mbH in the German federal state of North-Rhine Westphalia. The TETRA solution provides a secure communication platform for some 2,000 enterprise users in the German Rhine-Ruhr metropolitan region, which transport approximately 1.3 million passengers per day by bus and tram. Within the framework of the project, the TETRA system has been integrated into a new Intermodal Transport Control System (ITCS), which represents the biggest ITCS public transport implementation in Europe.
DURING THIS SESSION ATTENDEES WILL LEARN:
1. What is an Intermodal Transport Control System (ITCS)?
2. How is the ITCS connected to voice and data communications provided by Motorola Solutions TETRA system?
3. Why is TETRA digital two-way radio technology in combination with ITCS important for public transport companies in Germany?
4. What are the requirements in this specific project of Rheinbahn AG and Motorola Solutions?
5. What are the experiences of Rheinbahn AG when working with TETRA technology as well as with implementing interfaces between TETRA and the ITCS?